Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 POC Lobes Goggle Review


I've seen these goggles zipping up and down the hill on racers faces...never did I think that a POC brand goggle would be on my face. Truth be know I was offered up these goggle a number of weeks ago to check out. Now mind you I pretty much wear my gear till it dies...so when this opportunity came up I had an open mind. 
First thing I can tell you is the Lobes fit's like a glove for your face !!! Sounds cheesy but it's very true, plenty of comfort to keep you warm and happy. The overall fit is excellent as well, especially was liking the spherical lens...offered up ideal light, and element protection. The blue tint lens on this particular model was perfect for most day time light conditions...not so good for night time use. I did seem to find flat light not an issue either. Never had them fog up....however, on a bitter negative cold temps day when wearing a balaclava had some external lens "icing" near the nose bridge. The goggle strap and simple on the fly adjust ability was really nice.I generically wear my goggles under my helmet, and  whether I was hearing a beanie or not the non-slip grippers made keep them put a charm. Helmet friendly fit was nice...tried on a number of my friends helmets and found across the board mostly compatible. Bottom line, if your looking for a solid all around great fitting and looking goggle...check out the Lobes. Look to budget @ $159.00 bucks unless you find em on sale. I want to thank my friends over at Snow Ski & Sport for letting me check em out.

The POC Lobe Snowboard / Ski Goggle Rocks!!! http://www.skicompany.com/
POC Lobes Goggle

No comments:

Post a Comment